Wednesday, July 31, 2013

True Grit


No, this doesn't have anything to do with the classic movie, but with your choices come cocktail hour.  As the air in my part of the world becoming chilly due to the delightful change in season, so have my musings turned to more thoughts on my choice of poison come dusk.  (The better to warm me with, my dear.)

Forget about pitchers of Weng-Weng, Zombie, or even this decade's hipsters' choice like the vodka martini, mojito or margarita.  I'm thinking of going back to when men are men and women are women.  I'm thinking of a serving of either a Negroni, Rum Cola, Campari, or Whiskey Sour.  Except for the Rum Cola, which has been traditionally served in a highball glass, I prefer going back to using rock glasses.  Nevertheless, something new comes along that can be as good as the classics.  I tried my hand with this Espresso Cocktail.  Perky, with a creamy finish to the palate.  Left me with a very good feeling for the rest of the evening.


The Recipe

1 cup (250 ml) chilled espresso coffee
1 cup (250 ml) hazelnut-flavored liqueur
1 cup (250 ml) coffee-flavored liqueur
ice cubes

Except, for the ice cubes, combine all ingredients in a pitcher.  Spoon ice cubes into glasses and pour the coffee mixture over it.  Allow to chill a moment before serving.  Makes 8 people happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment